Friday, January 20, 2006

Sockwhere?


As you will notice, there is considerably less sock on my needles than there was before. No great disaster, though; I have achieved SOCK. A nice, comfy sock it is, too. I certainly could have cast on fewer stiches and/or decreased more over the foot. Next time I'm hoping to get it better. (Next time is already planned out, both yarn and pattern type.)

In order to combat second sock syndrome, I cast on for the next sock immediately. Actually, as I was in my office, I didn't have much choice of projects. Plus, I don't get to have any handknit socks until I knit said socks. It's not a bad inducement. I'm motivating the second sock with this view. (Note to self: lengthwise leg shots in which one's leg is encased in loose sweatpants create the illusion that one's leg is either nonexistent or giant.) BTW, these casein knitting needles rock: they're somewhat flexible, but not wriggly, they've got nice sharp tips, they're warm in my hands, and they're pretty. I fear that I might need some more of these to hold in reserve, as my backpack isn't the most hospitable environment.


Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Tahoe (34). I haven't been able to weigh the sock, but Claudia has kindly weighed a similar sock at 30g.
Needles: US 1 casein
Pattern: toes from Koigu sock pattern, grafting from knittinghelp.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment