Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Blocking not in progress

Soooo ... I had intended to post tonight showing lovely pictures of three completed vest pieces all neatly on the blocking towel. But as I was preparing the back for blocking, I noticed that the ribbing at the bottom looked very bad (especially at the edges), particularly compared to that on the front.

Andddd as is my habit, the more I tried to "fix" things, the worse things got ... eventually necessitating the amputation of the ribbing. All of it. 7 inches of ribbing over 82 stitches. I would take a picture of the trash can full of yarn bits, but that would just be demoralizing.

Luckily, Cascade 220 is cheap and plentiful, so I am still in the gold medal race. This will probably prevent me from participating in my planned exhibition event, the knitting of fuzzy feet for one of my other grandmothers, but that's not the end of the world.

Also, my dog decided to make a little nest of my blocking towel, so that's off to the laundry. Blocking pictures Friday, shall we hope?

No comments:

Post a Comment