Friday, December 15, 2006

No more David Lynch

I saw "Inland Empire" the other night. I'm pretty sure that's going to be the last Lynch movie I see. I don't do well with creepy movies. I don't do well with movies where things jump and scream. I do not like that kind of violence. I really don't like watching it for three full hours. Still, all of that might possibly have been forgivable, but this is beyond the pale:

Two dropped stitches! I've never dropped stitches when knitting in a movie before. I'm almost done fixing them in this picture, but my extremely tight creepy-movie-induced gauge made it extremely annoying.

In more cheerful news, I'm shopping for yarn for my next designer-inspired sweater. I'm thinking of trying out Silky Wool in colours 9 and 20. What do you think? They may be too close in shade. I don't want it to look like I had a dye lot accident; I want it to look like the sweater contrasts interestingly.


One advantage of the non-matching sleeves is that when I inevitably wear out the elbows I can replace the sleeves!

No comments:

Post a Comment