Saturday, July 29, 2006

The new Dr. Chialea speaks

Unfortunately, Dr. Chialea doesn't have annything particularly interesting to say. I would like to note that after I completed my thesis defense, enough brain matter freed up for me to remember that I had in fact ripped out my proto-Eunny-top because it was, in fact, a Mobius strip. This led to thoughts that a Mobius strip would make an excellent bikini top: lots of grip in the back, and an attractive twist to lend interest to the front. No, I'm not going to knit one. It's actally good that I had to rip it, because it turned out to be quite a bit larger than I'd intended.

You'd think after four years in Berkeley, I would know that I am apparently sensitive to something in hemp. (I didn't even know what pot smelled like until I was visiting years later and my fiance noted that it smelled like someone was having a good time. I don't think I'll ever live down the fact that I had no idea what he was talking about.) I had people look at the freaky finger in person (see last post), and they confirmed that it appears to be contact dermatitis of some sort. They're also going away, now that I've stopped knitting with the hemp. Is anyone out there interested in some blue and chocolate brown hemp yarn? I can even include the outlines of a pattern for a cute little jacket.

1 comment: