Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The sun says hi

Dear Krista,

Hello from sunny California. My mom may be right about the properties of the sunlight out here, because that nagging cold finally cleared up. There must be some other magic going on, because I managed to find a one-piece bathing suit that fit reasonably well and was reasonably supportive. How did I achieve this miracle? Miraclesuit. Seriously. The whole "girdle in a suit" effect doesn't change what I look like, but it does manage to be reasonably supportive, so I can run around without looking like certain videogame characters. I do look pretty stupid putting it on, though.

I sent off my thesis to my advisor yesterday with several fixes. She was complaining that I made some typoes in the thesis I had to write in just over one week, and refused to read it. It felt like a treasure hunt or something. She'd say "there are typoes", but wouldn't tell me where they were! Ah well, I fixed them, so she doesn't have any more excuses not to read my thesis. I've been taking the tension out on some socks.

Ah, wool socks. Defenders of my poorly-circulated feet, cushioners of sidewalk blows! (This ode to extremely comfy, warm socks brought to you by Artyarns Supermerino in the non-coordinating colours 125 (toes) and 108 and by Woolly Nylon serger thread.) I'm close to my local supermerino yarn-crack dealer here, so I'll try to find you a little supermerino for some warm socks. You'll need them in Chicago!

Kitty's been enjoying the sun and severe lack of furniture in our CA apartment. Here he is lounging on our couch.


Don't forget to eat your veggies while I'm gone!
-- Lea

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:44 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete