Sunday, November 19, 2006

The internet returns!

I can't fully explain how much I missed having 'net while I moved hither and yon. The long delay is a long story, but I can give you a short version: Verizon sucks. Now that I've gotten that out of my system, I can show you something that's been giving me warmth and comfort.

If there's anything happier than a sweater-drying rack full of socks (and someone's holiday present), it's two racks. I'm working on that, since I've spent a lot of time at work reading RFCs. These are sufficiently dry that my reading comprehension is vastly improved by knitting socks. My quest to try every sock yarn in the world is continuing apace with Mind's Eye Yarn merino-tencel and Mountain Colours Bearfoot. My fear of winter makes me want to try Icelandic sock yarn, but I'll wait until after the holiday knitting to order that. At this rate, this might be in March.

Speaking of Lucy's (Mind's Eye Yarn) fingering-weight yarn (which is exceedingly nice yarn), she was sweet enough to dye me a bunch in a cranberry-plum colourway.

I have a plan here, I swear, though you probably can't tell anything from these (unblocked) swatches, other than that lace is involved.


I swear that I'm finishing things, or at least moving in that direction. My red sweater will never be a work-appropriate sweater, insofar as I work with a lot of guys.

I swear, that empty lump of a bust dart is not loose when I wear the sweater. This has a great deal to do with the whole "non-work-appropriate" problem. I can tell you that someone will appreciate it when I finally finish and wear the sweater.

I really am finishing things up, though, impelled by the cold that's coming (it's coming, it's coming, it's coming to get me!).

No comments:

Post a Comment