Sunday, August 13, 2006

Sweater girl

I learned recently that even after one defends one's PhD, one's advisor can still block one from graduating. This makes one very cranky.

I have made a bit of progress on my Eunny top. As you can see, it's not so much a copy of Eunny's sweater as inspired by it. As I'm using merino sock wool, the top is stretchy like I wouldn't believe. (It's a good thing, too, because I somehow gained a bunch of weight around my middle. This might somehow be associated with the knitting, but I'm not going to draw any hasty conclusions until I finish knitting this fun little sweaterlet.)

This 8-inch-across sweater magically stretches to fit!

Of course, the row gauge is abysmal. I must march on!

3 comments:

  1. it's gorgeous. and i love the color! p.s. we miss you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Lisa. I miss you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks nice as is. bind off, good to go. heee!

    ReplyDelete