Friday, August 25, 2006

A sense of accomplishment (this is 100g)

I haven't been able to knit as much as I could, as I'm getting married next weekend. I have, however, finally finished the first skien of yarn.

Somehow I think that five 100g skiens of sock yarn was overkill. I'm almost up to the armpittal area, including a four inch bust dart (details to follow once I'm sure it fits well... but now it's obvious why off-the-rack clothes don't fit me well). I guess that makes this either an expensive sweater or a cheap one, depending on how you count. I think charging the yarn to a few pairs of socks is fair, no? Anyone interested in trading some lovely crimson Cherry Tree Hill fingering weight superwash merino or some hemp for some wool or wool blend in a fingering/sport/DK weight?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much, meg. :) Bust darts are certainly a lot better than no bust darts, but it had better fit after all that knitting!

    ReplyDelete