Saturday, June 06, 2009

All over except the final photo shoot.

O HAI INTERNETZ. Guess what is finished? My ridiculously complicated Hourglass Aran. These final pictures of the construction were taken this morning, before washing it; I knew how much this yarn changes when the oil from the spinning comes out of it, and wanted crisp pictures. After the photoshoot I washed it in the bathtub, where it fluffed and softened mightily... so once it dries you can expect one more blog post with pictures of it actually ON me.

Nice detail #1 is how the sleeve underarm area has a gusset, which continues a line between st st and reverse st st that starts on the body where the side panels meet the front and back panels. Maybe nobody will ever see this or know about it except me, but it makes me kind of happy.



I twisted the central cable in opposite directions on the two sleeves.



And, lastly, a shot the shoulder from above, which shows the braided mini-saddles and also the beginning of the closed cabling on the sleeves. I'm very happy with this; it turned out as planned. At one point I wanted to do a different and more organic transition between the saddle and the sleeve cables, but that will have to wait for another sweater. :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that is GORGEOUS! Can't wait to see it on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The final photo shoot happened today, so you don't need to wait. :) I can't even tell you how glad I am that it's done... I thought I would be knitting it forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:24 PM

    That's gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, you run such a magnificent site, on this one! Also I would like to know one thing. Is it a paid blog theme that you purchase or you used a default one?

    ReplyDelete