Monday, February 18, 2008

I can has sinusoid? No, I can not has.

This is what Sweater Wizard 3.0 does to your sleeve cap design when you change the chest size from 30" (see the sleeve cap on the left) to 34" (see the sleeve cap on the right).



I understand why there are more stitches bound off in that initial bindoff row, I do. The number matches the bindoffs done in the body pieces. It makes sense. Why the second one is so much taller, though, I don't know, and neither one of them is a very nice sinusoid (as I complained about last time; but actually, the first one is better in that regard).

I'm sure this sweater will wind up looking okay -- I'll finish the front so that I can see which sleeve cap better matches the armscye, and redo one or the other -- but I can tell already that I'll probably crunch all my own numbers for this next time around.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:16 AM

    Can't tell for sure from the picture, but it sems like the sleeve should be wider before the initial decreases, and I don't know why they would have that number of rows at the top that looks like thre are no decreases. For some reason it reminds me of a head of broccoli.

    ReplyDelete